Monday, May 20, 2013

Mentorship

Literal
· Mentorship Log.
· Grace Contreras: 626-333-1145
Anabel Delgado: 626-222-0499

Interpretive
The most important thing I have gained from this experience has to be the relationships I created with my girls and boys. Getting to know each of these young athletes was one of the most rewarding experiences, because each person had a different story. Some of the girls showed promise early on and some showed the potential of being easily taught. The boys were the rockstars of the team, both of them had absolutely zero experience cheering, but came in ready to learn. They caught on quickly and surprised all the coaches with their determination and desire to be the best. These young athletes showed me the importance of relationships in this sport and how they can change the mentality of an entire team with one mood swing.  I learned how the emotions a coach gives off, will influence the way the athlete responds to a demand.
Applied
Through coaching these young kids as they learn new skills and perfect the ones they have, you pick up a few things. I picked up ways to make sure these kids stayed safe and through speaking with the other coaches, ways to be a better cheerleader. Almost everytime I looked at the way we practiced, my answers were right there in front of me. It was very reassuring to have them be clear as day, and to be able to insure that these answers were enough to satisfy my EQ. I wish that all seniors get to experience their answers coming to life as they are studying first hand exactly what they want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment